The conference

More information


  • Preliminary event schedules available
  • DebConf 9 CfP announced
  • DebConf 9 registration open
  • DebConf 9 dates decided

Past DebConfs

Permanent sponsors

Current weather

Getting a visa for Spain

A visa for Spain is technically a Schengen visa, entitling you to travel within the Schengen Area.

Please check the requirements from your local Spanish embassy, but you should expect to need to provide:

  • A passport valid for at least 3 months after your travel
  • Passport-size photographs
  • Evidence that you can support yourself financially for the trip, including evidence that you are currently employed (if applicable)
  • Conference invitation letter (stating our sponsorship of your stay, if applicable)
  • Reservation for a return ticket for travel (showing that you plan to leave Spain after the conference)
  • Evidence of medical insurance for your trip

Useful links:

If you would like an invitation letter for the conference, or if DebConf is sponsoring your food/accommodation and you would like a letter stating that, please contact